Lucas County Board of DD Adult Day Grant Framework
The grant was established to award Adult Day and Employment Service agency providers within Lucas County, Ohio, the opportunity to expand existing services and/or enhance their current program to be in line with DODD and Lucas County’s vision for enhanced Adult Day and Employment Services through increased community engagement and employment opportunities for all individuals with I/DD. Funds have been set aside and may be approved for submissions that either expand and/or enhance Adult Day and/or Employment services, promote community integration and community employment, and/or helps people achieve their goals related to Adult Day/Employment services & supports.
This can include, but is not limited to:
- adaptive equipment such as changing tables, privacy screens/curtains;
- sensory equipment such as swings, special lighting, fidgets;
- technology equipment to promote Ohio’s Technology First initiative within their program such as training and equipment items used for programming.
Grant applications that are LESS likely to be accepted include requests such as:
- funds to be paid directly to staff
- request for reimbursement for purchases made prior to the grant application/approval
- gaming systems
- agency taxes, fees or of the such required to operate the business
Funding will be distributed 3 times over the course of the year 2023. The 2023 grant budget per distribution cycle is set at $67,000, with each grant awardee receiving no more than $10,000 per agency. Only agency providers in good standing with DODD my apply for this grant. Providers in the process of suspension of services and/or revocation will not be eligible to apply. Agencies are only eligible to receive one grant distribution in total for the 2023 calendar year. Administrator reserves the right to reject any, part of, or all proposals and waive any informalities in the proposal submission process.
Role of Grant Administrator
The grant administrator serves as the entity to promote, circulate, and coordinate all aspects of the grant.
A review committee will be established to ensure a fair and equitable review process. The review committee will be comprised of four members from the 19 Services consulting team, which consists of two self-advocates.
The committee will collect, review, and score submitted application to ensure they meet the intent of the grant.
All applications will be logged into a tracking sheet and provided upon request.
Click here to download the Lucas County DD Adult Day Grant Application
There will be three opportunities to apply for the grant. The 2023 schedule is as follows:
Applications due: Mar. 31, 2023
Applications due: Jul. 31, 2023
Applications due: Oct. 31, 2023
Questions or need technical assistance. Click here to email us!
Grant Evaluation & Application Scoring
Grants will be evaluated in a fair and equitable manner. Applicant submissions will be reviewed against the intent of the grant, which is to either expand and/or enhance Adult Day and/or Employment services, promote community integration and community employment, and/or helps people achieve their goals related to Adult Day/Employment services & supports.
Scoring will be determined by completeness, eligibility requirements, alignment with intent of grant, feasibility of funds requested, and desired outcome. A scoring form (Attachment II) will be utilized by the committee to complete this process and determine the total score of the application. This will in turn be utilized to select awardees based on highest scoring of the application criteria.
Once the highest scoring application(s) have been selected, the committee will convene to vote on awardees based on total number of grants to be distributed during that phase and overall thoroughness of the application.
Award Notification & Financial Distribution
Grants will be awarded in three phases based on each quarter of 2023. Initial funding for 2023 is set at $67,000 per quarter, not to exceed $10,000 per award. Awarded funds will be distributed directly from the Lucas County DD ADA Grant Fund.
- Applications due: Mar. 31, 2023
- Review applications by: Apr. 30, 2023
- Checks mailed by: May 31, 2023
- Applications due: Jul. 31, 2023
- Review applications by: Aug. 31, 2023
- Checks mailed by: Sep. 30, 2023
- Applications due: Oct. 31, 2023
- Review applications by: Nov. 30, 2023
- Checks mailed by: Dec. 9, 2023
Applicants receiving the grant will be asked to provide the following:
- Receipts for purchases.
- Accounting of how the funds were spent, including a final budget breakdown of how your agency met the objectives of the grant.
- An outcome/success story as a result of receiving the grant. Those awarded the grant will be asked to sign a form giving Lucas DD and 19 Services permission to publish their story/outcome.
The grant administrator will coordinate the collection of outcome/success stories from those who were awarded the grant. The grant administrator will determine the best method for sharing the stories with the DD Community and Stakeholders to create awareness. The grant administrator will also coordinate and track all receipts and accounting of how the funds were spent. This information will be available for review at any time.